Yoga is the practice of connecting breath and mind with the physical movement. A yoga class typically consists of some breathing exercises, asanas (poses) and relaxation/meditation.
What are some of the benefits of Yoga Classes?
- Improved flexibility and posture;
- Improves balance, releases tensions in the limbs;
- Increases muscle strength and tone;
- Improves athletic performance and protection from injury.
- Builds awareness for transformation;
- Yoga’s incorporation of breathing and meditation helps mental well being;
- Relaxes the mind, centers attention and sharpens concentration.
What types of Yoga Classes are offered?
There are lots of different styles of yoga classes available so anybody can start at any time. Whether you are an athlete or not physically active there are always modifications to the poses so size and fitness level does not matter. Yoga lets you explore the limits of your mind and body. It is not about finding a perfect pretzel like pose. It is a great way to get in tune with your body and inner self.
Traditional Hatha Yoga combines moral disciplines, physical exercises (i.e., postures and breath control), and meditation, and goes beyond the mere physical aspects of yoga practice. Hatha Yoga was invented to provide a form of physical purification and training on the journey to enlightenment. There are many other health benefits provided by practicing Hatha yoga in addition to its use as a path to enlightenment.